Why go for private tuition?
In a class of 20+ students, a school teacher can only be expected to provide so much personal attention. In our tuition center, with most classes being one-on-one and none of the classes having more than four students, teachers are able to provide undivided attention. Students who have fallen behind or find subject concepts hard to grasp can be taught the fundamentals while more academically advanced students can be challenged with hard practice questions to help them keep interest in education.
Specialized and tailored tuition can be the differentiating factor between students who just pass and students who score excellent grades.
Why go for a tuition center when I can have home tuition?
A tuition center can provide a number of benefits over home tuition.
- Teachers in a tuition center don’t have to travel hence they are less fatigued and able to pay more attention.
- They don’t have to rush between places so can often go overtime when teaching.
- They are always at the tuition center so if the student needs help, he can just walk in the center to clarify any doubts. This is not possible in home tuition which is usually only once or twice per week for a 1-2 hour time slot only.
- Home tuition teachers can never match the resources provided by a tuition center. This is especially true for international school students as their resources are often expensive and only a tuition center enjoying economies of scale can afford them. Along with that, a tuition center has internet, photocopier, printer, projectors and other technological equipment to assist learning.
- The teachers in a tuition center are almost always full time and hence will remain with the student till the end of his course. Home tutors have a reputation for leaving half-way through courses. Furthermore, tuition teachers are constantly evaluated on the basis of their performance so they tend to be more experienced and qualified than home tutors. Think about it like this, most people prefer the convenience of working from one location and hence will work in a central location if they can. Less qualified or experienced people will have to travel door-to-door to offer increased convenience.
- Students are given assignments and periodic tests in a tuition center. These are conducted in a professional exam-like environment. A home tutor cannot possibly replicate the experience.
All in all, it may be more “convenient” to take home tuitions as it saves on travel time but you will not get the same experience a dedicated tuition center can provide. Don’t let convenience affect quality. Pay for that extra cab ride to-and-fro home. Your child will be better off for it in the long run.
Why select Student’s Inn?
We are the premier tuition centre in Singapore that offers unparalleled resources for international school students. Students in IB and other international school systems often have special requirements that normal tuition centers cannot provide. Our teaching is not only exam focused but also aims to develop cognitive and social abilities of our students.
We are very selective about our teachers. They are not only highly qualified and have accumulated several years of experience but also have a passion for the subject. Teachers undergo constant on-the-job and off-the-job training to ensure their skills remain relevant. Our full time teachers earn higher pay than full time school teachers with a fraction of the workload.
My child does not need tuition per se but needs help in internal assessments in a particular subject. Is this provided?
We offer personalized consulting on internal assessments of all subjects. Even though our tutors will not write the essay for you, they will help you from conception to finish. Students can sign up to have specialized sessions working towards specific goals.
Who are the tutors?
We are very selective about our teachers. They are not only highly qualified and have accumulated several years of experience but also have a passion for the subject. Teachers undergo constant on-the-job and off-the-job training to ensure their skills remain relevant. Our full time teachers earn higher pays then full time school teachers with a fraction of the workload.
How long is the duration of each class?
Class duration is between one to two hours. Class time is decided upon after consultation with the student.
Are the classes conducted in groups?
Most of the classes conducted are individual one to one sessions. We believe this mode of teaching offers the best result. However, we also provide group sessions for competitive students who like to compare their performance with their peers. The group size is less than four students.
What resources do you have for international school students?
- We offer several resources for international school students.
- Complete database of past papers of all subjects.
- Constantly updated notes on all subjects.
- Online Forum to clarify any doubts and discuss problems.
- A huge library of books and practice material.
- Mocks and prelim exams from several international schools. To the best of our knowledge, we are the only tuition center in Singapore that provides this.
- SAT/TOEFL/ACT/MCAT and other standardized test material and preparation.
- University admission counseling.
- Our proprietary Triple-M System.
Along with all these, students can also request for specific items and we try our best to source it for them. For example, we can arrange for hard to find or rare books and practice materials.
- Normally, lessons are not conducted on public holidays. However, if an urgent lesson is required for an approaching deadline or exam, lessons can be arranged at extra charge.
- All cancellations or change in schedule should only be through the Admin Department and not through the tutors. Telling the tutor doesn’t cancel/reschedules the lesson. Only valid reasons are allowed (i.e. medical certificates and/or validated school activities. No parent’s letters are accepted.)
- Any changes to the class schedule should be made with the Admin Dept. at least 24 hours prior to the lesson. No make-up lesson will be given should the notification be less than 24 hours. Lessons not rescheduled before 24 hours would still have to be paid for.
- If a student will take a leave of absence of 3 or more sessions, they need to reschedule their class to confirm continuation of class.
- Fees will not be refunded should a student stop or miss his/her lesson not due to M.L.T.C’s fault (e.g. sick). If a student misses a lesson due to medical reasons, a MC must be provided for a make-up lesson to be scheduled. There will be no make-up for group classes should a student miss a lesson not due to M.L.T.C’s fault.
- A student who wishes to terminate his/her tutorial course will have to inform the Admin Dept. one month earlier.
- Centre hours are 12pm-10pm on weekdays and 8am-10pm on weekends.
When are fees to be paid?
Fees are to be paid within the first week of the month and are collected on a monthly basis. Group lessons would have to be paid on a monthly basis. There is also a registration fee of $50 that needs to be paid upon enrollment which would be levied once.
Do I have to pay for Triple-M program?
The Triple-M program is free of cost to all enrolled students. Students working on IAs or having classes for less than two weeks are not entitled to it.
Would there be tuition classes on Public Holidays?
Normally, lessons are not conducted on public holidays. However, if an urgent lesson is required for an approaching deadline or exam, lessons can be arranged at extra charge.
What if my child would like to stop tuition classes?
Please inform the admin department one month in advance so they may make arrangements for it.